Wednesday 20 January 2010

RUNNER-UP in Papercraft Essentials Magazine's Papercrafter of the Year 2009!!!

I've been meaning to share this BIG news with you for a while now!  I was very surprised and honoured, not to mention jumping-around-the-room excited, to be named one of nine runners-up in Papercraft Essentials Magazine's Papercrafter of the Year 2009!!!  I'm so very thrilled that my work has been recognised by such a great magazine!  Papercraft Essentials, and it's sister title Simply Cards & Papercraft, are always packed full of great inspiring ideas & new techniques, and what a thrill to be included in the top ten & to have one of my projects included in print in Issue 50, alongside all the other mega talented winners!!!

For the competition you had to design & make two cards & a third non-card project of your choosing.  So I thought I'd share my creations with you.

My paper project & the one featured in the magazine was this Notice Board...



Bazzill card; Q&Co Pearls; MM Alpahabet Rub-ons; Karen Foster Calendar Rub-ons; Blue post-it notes; Papermania stamps; Imaginisce Stamps; WR Memory Keepers Ribbon; Kars hinges; DCWV brads; Creative Imaginations Die-cut paper; Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday Elements; MM Mini Hearts brads; Doodlebug jewels; EZ Rub-ons; Love Elsie Stamps; Q&Co Brads; Fiskars clear stamps; Various Inks; Various Sakura pens; A4 chipboard.

The fun vintage 'Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday Elements' images were the inspiration behind this notice board & I included them with some extra stamped detailing & doodling...




I made the calendar from scratch using Imaginisce's calendar stamp (masking off the top section) & added appropriate rub-ons for each of the months...




The 'to do' list is made with half a post-it pad.  The pen-holder is made with a knotted piece of ribbon which is attached to a brad that holds the ribbon for the 'washing-line' note holder...




And I can't tell you how happy I was when the hinges worked and the whole thing stood up on its own!!!




So on to the cards...


MM Brad; Laura Ashley Brad; HOTP Crown Brad; Colorbok die cut; Brilliance Black Ink; Versa Color Raspberry ink; Q&Co pearls; MAMBI Rub-ons; Royal & Langnickel Rub-ons; LLB paper; Fiskars "Starburst" border punch; K&Co ribbon; PaperArtsy Vintage Lady Rubber Stamp; Sizzix Die-cut frame; Basic Grey Paper.







Bazzill Just The Edge; Love Elsie Self Adhesive fabric; Bazzill Dotted Swiss paper; Fancy Pants Paper; Mambly Screen Print Rub-ons; Basic Grey Die-Cuts; Q&Co Pearls; Love Elsie Ribbon; American Crafts card.




Thanks for looking & sharing in my excitement!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jenny!

Well done...you deserved it.

x

Carol said...

Gosh you kept this a bit quiet!!! I had no idea....What a fabulous achievement Jenny, i bet you are so chuffed, Well Done :) The notice board is brilliant!

Carol x x

Milliesmarvels said...

Hi Jenny,
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. It's quite spooky really, I was a runner up on Papercrafter of the year too!
One of my Projects was the Kraftin Kimmie dog on the top of the photo in the crease even though they labelled it with the wrong person's name in the magazine!
I love your noticeborard and the cards are just fab! I can't wait to receive my prizes!
Jane
x